The Rugby League World Cup is an international competition for national men’s rugby league teams, first held in 1954. Australia won the 2017 edition, having beaten England 6 – 0 in the Final at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia.
When is the Rugby League World Cup?
The Rugby League World Cup is held every 4 years. The 16th Rugby League World Cup is scheduled for Friday 23rd October – Friday 27th November 2021.
Where is the Rugby League World Cup?
The 2021 Rugby League World Cup is being hosted in England at the following venues:
- Manchester – Old Trafford (Capacity – 74,994)
- London – Emirates Stadium (Capacity – 60,260)
- Liverpool – Anfield (Capacity – 54,074)
- Newcastle – St James’ Park (Capacity – 52,405)
- Leeds – Elland Road (Capacity – 37,890)
- Middlesbrough – Riverside Stadium (Capacity – 34,742)
- Sheffield – Bramall Lane (Capacity – 32,702)
- Coventry – Ricoh Arena (Capacity – 32,609)
- Bolton – University of Bolton Stadium (Capacity – 28,723)
- Hull – KCOM Stadium (Capacity – 25,586)
- Huddersfield – Kirklees Stadium (Capacity – 24,500)
- Leeds – Headingley Stadium (Capacity – 21,062)
- St Helens – Totally Wicked Stadium (Capacity – 18,000)
- Doncaster – Keepmoat Stadium (Capacity – 15,231)
- Warrington – Halliwell Jones Stadium (Capacity – 15,200)
- Leigh – Leigh Sports Village (Capacity – 12,000)
- York – York Community Stadium (Capacity – 8,000)
- Newcastle – Kingston Park (Capacity – 10,200)
Who is competing in the Rugby League World Cup?
The 2021 Rugby League World Cup is to be competed for by 16 nations:
Group A – England, Samoa, France, Greece
Group B – Australia, Fiji, Scotland, Italy
Group C – New Zealand, Lebanon, Jamaica, Ireland
Group D – Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Wales, Cook Islands
How do I get there?
There are international airports within reach of all of the grounds at Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Newcastle. For further information on getting to each venue, please click on the links above (where available).
How do I get tickets to the Rugby League World Cup?
Tickets for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup are due to be released in late 2020. Further information will be posted on the official website here.
Where and when is the next World Cup?
The 17th Rugby World Cup is to be held in 2025 with the host to be determined, after plans for the tournament to be held in North America were scrapped due to financial concerns.