The ICC World Twenty20 is an international cricket competition for the Twenty20 format of the game. First held in 2007, there have been 6 editions of the competition so far.
The last competition was held in India in 2016, with the West Indies defeating England in the final.
When is it?
The ICC World Twenty 20 was generally held every 2 years, however with the last competition last held in 2016 there will of been a 4 year gap.
The 2020 ICC World Twenty20 is set to take place between the 18th October and 15th November 2020.
Where is it?
The 2020 ICC World Twenty20 is being hosted by Australia, at the following venues:
- Adelaide – Adelaide Oval (Capacity – 53,500)
- Brisbane – The Gabba (Capacity – 42,000)
- Canberra – Manuka Oval (Capacity – 12,000)
- Geelong – Kardinia Park (Capacity – 34,000)
- Hobart – Bellerive Oval (Capacity – 20,000)
- Melbourne – Melbourne Cricket Ground (Capacity – 100,024)
- Perth – Perth Stadium (Capacity – 55,000)
- Sydney – Sydney Cricket Ground (Capacity – 46,000)
Who is competing?
There are 16 teams due to compete in the 2020 ICC World Twenty20. Australia have qualified as hosts, with the 9 best teams as of 31st December 2018 in the ICC T20I Championships (who also played in the last edition of the World Twenty20) also set to compete. The remaining 6 places will be decided by a qualification competition.
How do I get there?
There are major airports within reach of all of the grounds at Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Thinking of going to Australia? Search & book your flights through Skyscanner here.
How do I get tickets?
Ticket information for the 2020 ICC World Twenty20 has yet to be released.
Where and when is the next World Cup?
Following the 2020 edition, the next ICC World Twenty20 is set to be held in India in 2021.
Official Website: www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20
Last Updated on