The Rugby Championship is an international rugby union competition held annually between the teams of Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
The competition began as the Tri Nations tournament first held in 1996, before Argentina joined in 2012. Each team plays 6 matches, playing the other teams both home and away.
The 2018 champions were New Zealand, who won their 6th title with a record of 5 wins and 1 loss (to South Africa in Round 4).
When is it?
The Rugby Championship is held annually, usually between August and October.
Where is it?
Each team plays the other teams twice, once at home and once away. The teams generally vary where they play their home fixtures, with the following stadiums used during the 2018 tournament:
- Argentina – Estadio José Amalfitani, Buenos Aires (Capacity – 49,540)
- Argentina – Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza (Capacity – 40,268)
- Argentina – Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena, Salta (Capacity – 20,408)
- Australia – Robina Stadium, Gold Coast (Capacity – 27,400)
- Australia – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (Capacity – 52,500)
- Australia – Stadium Australia, Sydney (Capacity – 75,000)
- New Zealand – Eden Park, Auckland (Capacity – 50,000)
- New Zealand – Trafalgar Park, Nelson (Capacity – 18,000)
- New Zealand – Westpac Stadium, Wellington (Capacity – 34,500)
- South Africa – Kings Park Stadium, Durban (Capacity – 52,000)
- South Africa – Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria (Capacity – 51,762)
- South Africa – Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth (Capacity – 48,000)
How do I get there?
Venue guides for each of the match venues will be available shortly.
If you are thinking of going to one of the matches, why not search & book your flights through Skyscanner here?
How do I get tickets?
Ticket information for the 2019 Rugby Championship has yet to be released.
Rugby Championship Fixtures
For a full calendar of upcoming fixtures, click here.
Official Website: www.sanzarrugby.com/therugbychampionship/