The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in one of motor racing’s classic race circuits, featuring high-speed turns and steep hills. Hosting its first Belgian Grand Prix in 1925, Spa has been (with the exception of 2003 and 2006) a consistent presence on the Formula One calendar since 1985.
The circuit is also known for hosting endurance races, including the 24 Hours of Spa which was first run in 1924, and the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps which started in 1953.
Previously hosting other series including the DTM and World Touring Car Championship, the circuit has also been used several times in cycling’s Tour de France.
Location & Travel to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is located within the vicinity of Francorchamps, close to the town of Spa. The circuit sits within the municipality of Stavelot in eastern Belgium close to the borders of Germany and the Netherlands.
Air: There are several airports within easy reach of the circuit:
- Liege Airport (50km away) – mainly focusing on air freight, Liege does offer some seasonal flights to Europe.
- Maastricht Aachen Airport (71km away) – despite in the Netherlands, Masstricht is the closest airport offering a wider variety of European flights.
- Brussels Airport (140km away) – The capital of Belgium’s airport is the busiest in Belgium and has flights to a number of European and International destinations.
- Düsseldorf International Airport (144km away) – the third largest airport in Germany has many flights options to Europe and the Rest of the World.
- Luxembourg Airport (153km away) – the main airport of the small landlocked country offers flights to a many cities in Europe.
Bus: Bus route 94 or 395 connects Verviers railway station to the circuit in about 45 minutes. As of 2019, there were shuttle buses laid on from Aachen (Aix-La-Chapelle), Amsterdam, Anver, Bruxelles-Midi, Bruxelles-Nord, Charleroi, Düsseldorf, Eindhoven, Gand, Liège, Lille, Luxembourg, Maastricht, Mons & Namur. Further information is available here.
Driving & Parking: Parking is available close to the circuit, with the closest car park noted on your ticket. The circuit is located close to the A27/E32 highway.
Train: The closest train station to the circuit is at Verviers which is approximately a 45 minute bus ride away (route 94 or 395). There are rail services to Verviers from Brussels, Liège and Charleroi, from which you can connect to other services further afield.
Tickets at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Ticket prices vary considerably for the Formula 1 depending on which day you attend and which kind of ticket you want – varying from VIP to Grandstand to General Admission.
For further information and to purchase tickets, visit the official F1 website here.