- This event has passed.
UEFA Women’s Euro 2022
July 6, 2022 - July 31, 2022
UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 is an international women’s football competition, contested by members of the European football governing body, UEFA and first held in 1982. The current holders are the Netherlands, who won the first title on home soil after defeating Denmark in the Final of the 2017 competition.
The Euros are usually held every 4 years but the 2022 edition was postponed by a year due to the knock on effect of the Covid-19 pandemic and potential clashes with other major tournaments such as the Summer Olympics and UEFA Euro 2020 and will now be held from the 6th to the 31st July 2022.
Where is the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022?
The tournament will be held in England, who will be holding the tournament for the second time after also hosting in 2005. The 10 venues that will be used are:
- London – Wembley Stadium (Capacity – 90,000)
- London – Brentford Community Stadium (Capacity – 17,250)
- Manchester – Old Trafford (Capacity – 74,879)
- Manchester – Manchester City Academy Stadium (Capacity – 7,000)
- Sheffield – Bramall Lane (Capacity – 32,702)
- Southampton – St Mary’s Stadium (Capacity – 32,505)
- Brighton and Hove – Falmer Stadium (Capacity – 30,750)
- Milton Keynes – Stadium MK (Capacity – 30,500)
- Rotherham – New York Stadium (Capacity – 12,021)
- Leigh – Leigh Sports Village (Capacity – 12,000)
Who is competing in the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022?
16 teams compete in the UEFA Euros, with the host team qualifying automatically. For the 2022 tournament, 47 European teams (excluding England) entered the qualification process with a group stage that would see nine group winners and the three best runners-up qualify for the Finals, while the remaining six runners-up advanced to the play-offs to determine the last three places. The qualifiers are:
England (hosts), Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, France, Belgium, Iceland, Spain, Finland, Austria, Italy, Russia, Northern Ireland and Switzerland.
How do I get tickets to the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022?
Ticket information for the UEFA Euros will be available on the official UEFA website. Tickets for the 2022 tournament are due to go on sale following the Final’s draw.
Last Updated on May 18, 2022 by Sports Tourist