2027 Rugby World Cup
September 10, 2027 – October 23, 2027 AEST
The 2027 Rugby World Cup is an international competition for national men’s rugby union teams, first held in 1987 and played every four years. Just four nations have won the Webb Ellis Trophy – New Zealand and South Africa three times, Australia twice and England once. The previous tournament was held in 2023 in France.
When is the 2027 Rugby World Cup?
The Rugby World Cup takes place every 4 years, with the 11th Rugby World Cup scheduled for Friday 10th September to Saturday 23rd October 2027.
Where is the 2027 Rugby World Cup?
The 2027 Rugby World Cup is being hosted in Australia, the third time the nation has held the tournament after jointly hosting with New Zealand in 1987 and solely in 2003. The following twelve venues in nine cities have been shortlisted:
- Adelaide – Adelaide Oval (Capacity – 52,500)
- Brisbane – Lang Park (Capacity – 52,500)
- Canberra – Canberra Stadium (Capacity – 25,011)
- Gold Coast – Robina Stadium (Capacity – 27,400)
- Melbourne – Docklands Stadium (Capacity – 47,000)
- Melbourne – Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (Capacity – 33,000)
- Newcastle – Newcastle International Sports Centre (Capacity – 30,500)
- Perth – Perth Stadium (Capacity – 65,000)
- Sydney – Stadium Australia (Capacity – 83,500)
- Sydney – Sydney Football Stadium (Capacity – 45,000)
- Sydney – Western Sydney Stadium (Capacity – 30,000)
- Townsville – North Queensland Stadium (Capacity – 25,000)
Who is competing in the 2027 Rugby World Cup?
The 2027 Rugby World Cup is to be competed for by 24 nations, an expansion from the 20 that played at the 2023 tournament. Australia qualified as hosts, with Argentina, England, Fiji, France, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa and Wales automatically qualifying based on their performance in the 2023 edition.
The remaining spaces will be decided through a series of regional qualifiers and play-off tournaments.
How do I get to the 2027 Rugby World Cup?
There are major international airports at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Cairns, Canberra, Hobart and Darwin. Between them, they serve the majority of the world’s destinations.
Thinking of flying? Search & book your flights through Skyscanner here.
How do I get tickets to the 2027 Rugby World Cup?
Ticket information for the 2027 Rugby World Cup will be available through the official website here once available, with an anticipated on sale date of March 2025. Prices for the 2023 event started at just €20, rising to €100 for the Final – tickets for this event first went on presale in March 2021.
Where to Stay during the 2027 Rugby World Cup
Last Updated on October 20, 2023 by Sports Tourist