The Los Angeles Open (currently known as the Genesis Invitational) is a PGA Tour golf tournament, first played in 1926 and previously called the Genesis Open, Northern Trust Open and Nissan Open. The event often attracts a strong field with Arnold Palmer and Bubba Watson three time winners, whilst Tom Watson, Fred Couples, Phil Mickelson and Adam Scott are among the two time winners.
The tournament became an ‘invitational’ event in 2020, one of just five on the PGA Tour.
When is the Los Angeles Open?
The tournament is played annually in February and is usually the last event in the PGA Tour’s West Coast swing.
Where is the Los Angeles Open?
The tournament has been held at the Riviera Country Club most years since 1973, with other hosts including:
- El Caballero Country Club (Tarzana, California) – 1927
- Griffith Park (Los Angeles, California) – 1937-1939
- Los Angeles Country Club (Los Angeles, California) – 1926, 1934-1936 & 1940
- Hillcrest Country Club (Los Angeles, California) – 1932 & 1942
- Wilshire Country Club (Los Angeles, California) – 1928, 1931, 1933, 1944
- Fox Hills Country Club (Culver City, California) – 1954
- Inglewood Country Club (Inglewood, California) – 1955
- Brookside Golf Course (Pasadena, California) – 1968
- Rancho Park Golf Course (Los Angeles, California) – 1956-1967, 1969-1972 & 1983
- Valencia Country Club (Valencia, California) – 1998
Address: 1250 Capri Dr, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, United States
How do I get to the Los Angeles Open?
The Riviera Country Club is located in the Pacific Palisades neighbourhood in the Westside region of Los Angeles, approximately 20 miles west of downtown Los Angeles in the state of California.
Airport – Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is just 14 miles southwest of the Riviera Country Club. It is the third busiest airport in the world and offers flights all across the United States and the wider world. Other smaller airports within a 50 mile radius include Hollywood Burbank Airport, John Wayne Airport, Long Beach Airport and Ontario International Airport.
Thinking of flying? Search & book your flights through Skyscanner here.
Driving & Parking – There is no parking available at the Country Club with suggested parking available in downtown Santa Monica. There is a complimentary shuttle service that runs Thursday to Sunday on tournament week from Wilshire Boulevard between 2nd St. and 3rd St. to the Main Entrance on Longworth Drive.
Hotels for the Los Angeles Open
Use TripAdvisor to find some great places to stay near Los Angeles by clicking here.
How do I get tickets to the Los Angeles Open?
The latest ticket information for the Los Angeles Open will be available on the official website.
Los Angeles Open Official Website
Los Angeles Open – PGA Tour Event Page
Riviera Country Club Official Website
Last Updated on January 7, 2023 by Sports Tourist