2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup
July 10, 2023 - August 20, 2023
The FIFA Women’s World Cup is an international competition for senior women’s football, contested by the national teams of the members of the world governing body, FIFA and first held in 1991. The USA are the current champions, having defeated the Netherlands 2-0 in France in 2019.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup takes place every 4 years, with the 9th edition scheduled to take place between the FIFA window of Monday 10th July and Sunday 20th August 2023.
Where is the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup?
The 2023 FIFA World Cup is to be hosted in Australia and New Zealand, the first time the tournament has been jointly hosted. The following venues will be used:
- Adelaide – Hindmarsh Stadium (Capacity – 18,435)
- Brisbane – Brisbane Stadium (Capacity – 52,263)
- Melbourne – Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (Capacity – 30,052)
- Perth – Perth Rectangular Stadium (Capacity – 22,225)
- Sydney – Stadium Australia (Capacity – 70,000) – FINAL
- Sydney – Sydney Football Stadium (Capacity – 42,512)
- Auckland – Eden Park (Capacity – 48,276) – OPENING MATCH
- Dunedin – Dunedin Stadium (Capacity – 28,744)
- Hamilton – Waikato Stadium (Capacity – 25,111)
- Wellington – Wellington Regional Stadium (Capacity – 39,000)
Who is competing in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup?
The 2023 Women’s World Cup is the first to be expanded to 32 teams from 24. Australia and New Zealand qualify automatically as hosts with the other nations competing in qualification competitions among their respective confederations in 2021 and 2022.
How do I get to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup?
In Australia, there are major international airports at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Cairns, Canberra, Hobart and Darwin. Between them, they serve the majority of the world’s destinations.
There are six international Airports across New Zealand (Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Queenstown, Rotorua & Wellington), however Auckland and Christchurch are currently the only two that connect directly with countries other than Australia or Fiji. Flying from the UK will have at least one stopover, sometimes two.
Where to Stay in Australia/New Zealand during the 2022 FIFA World Cup
How do I get tickets to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup?
Tickets for the 2023 Women’s World Cup will be available on the official website. Based on the 2019 tournament, it is likely tickets will be on sale approximately 9 months before the tournament in three phases.