2023 Rugby World Cup
September 8, 2023 - October 21, 2023
The Rugby World Cup is an international competition for national men’s rugby union teams, first held in 1987 and played every four years. South Africa won the 2019 edition, having beaten England 32 – 12 in the Final at International Stadium Yokohama in Yokohama, Japan. The 10th Rugby World Cup is scheduled for Friday 8th September – Saturday 21st October 2023.
Where is the 2023 Rugby World Cup?
The 2023 Rugby World Cup is being hosted in France for the second time, having also hosted the 2007 event. The following venues will be used:
- Paris (Saint-Denis) – Stade de France (Capacity – 80,698)
- Marseille – Stade Vélodrome (Capacity – 67,394)
- Lyon – Parc Olympique Lyonnais (Capacity – 59,186)
- Lille – Stade Pierre-Mauroy (Capacity – 50,157)
- Bordeaux – Matmut Atlantique (Capacity – 42,115)
- Saint-Étienne – Stade Geoffroy-Guichard (Capacity – 41,965)
- Nice – Allianz Riviera (Capacity – 35,624)
- Nantes – Stade de la Beaujoire (Capacity – 35,322)
- Toulouse – Stadium Municipal (Capacity – 33,150)
Who is competing in the 2023 Rugby World Cup?
The 2023 Rugby World Cup is to be competed for by 20 nations. France qualified as hosts, with Argentina, Australia, England, France, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa and Wales automatically qualifying based on their performance in the 2019 edition. The remaining 8 spaces will be decided through regional qualifiers, a cross-regional play-off and a Repechage tournament in November 2022.
Pool A – New Zealand, France, Italy, Americas 1, Africa 1
Pool B – South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Asia/Pacific 1, Europe 2
Pool C – Wales, Australia, Fiji, Europe 1, Final Qualifier Winner
Pool D – England, Japan, Argentina, Oceania I, Americas 2
How do I get there?
There are major airports in Paris, Nice, Lyon, Marseille and Toulouse among others. Thinking of going to France? Search & book your flights through Skyscanner here.
How do I get tickets to the 2023 Rugby World Cup?
Ticket information for the 2023 Rugby World Cup has yet to be released, however when they are available you will be able to apply on the official website here.